Obituary: Onetia ‘Nita’ Wiest
July 16, 2002
A visitation for Onetia “Nita” Wiest, a 42-year resident of Carson City, will be from noon- 4 p.m. Tuesday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Wiest died July 10, 2002, at the Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Smyrna, Tenn., where she had lived for the past year. She was 77.
She was born Sept. 12, 1924, in Missouri to Louis Elmer and Nina Brown Bingaman.
She worked for the Nevada Department of Transportation and enjoyed reading and sewing.
In 1946 she married William Wiest in Whittier, Calif. He preceded her in death in August 1985 in Carson City.
Prior to living in Carson City, she lived in Whittier, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
She is survived by sons William F. III of Smyrna, Tenn., Bob Wiest of Cookeville, Tenn., and Jerry Wiest of Carson City; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be followed by a private graveside service at Rose Hills Cemetery in Whittier.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand