Obituary: Placido E. Martinez
December 27, 2002
Placido E. Martinez, 93, a Gardnerville resident for the past five years, died Dec. 22, 2002, at his home. He was born Oct. 5, 1909, in Chimayo, N.M.
Before moving to Gardnerville, he lived in Hayward, Calif.
Mr. Martinez was retired. He was a Christian.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Sabino; and son, Rick.
Among his survivors are his sons Ed and John; daughters Isabelle Ross, Teresa Flores and Connie Zetterholm; 32 grandchildren; 35 great-grandchildren and 16 great-great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says