Obituary: Robert C. Hayes
April 23, 2002
A funeral for Robert C. Hayes, 69, a Gardnerville resident, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Walton’s Funeral Home with a luncheon to follow at his residence in Gardnerville.
Mr. Hayes died April 19, 2002, at his home. He was born Jan. 1, 1933, in Oakland, Calif., to William and Alva Hayes.
He was a life-long member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595, Oakland, and Local 401, Reno. He loved to play golf and fish, and sports were a large part of his life.
He served overseas during the Korean Conflict.
Among his survivors are his brother and sister-in-law William C. and Helen Hayes; son and daughter-in-law Jon and Debbie Hayes; daughter and son-in-law Lisa and Ray Amezcua; grandchildren Savannah, Lacey and Tyler Hayes and Christopher, Nicholas and Thomas Amezcua; nephew Steve Hayes and niece Stephanie Hayes.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand