Obituary Robert W. Lorenzen
March 22, 2002
A memorial service for Robert W. Lorenzen, 82, a Wellington resident, will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
Mr. Lorenzen died March 13, 2002, at a care center near his daughter’s home in Boise, Idaho. He was born Feb. 19, 1920, to William and Grace Lorenzen.
He graduated from the University of Kansas.
He married Wandalea Peterson and they were later divorced.
After retiring, he settled in Wellington where he enjoyed his horse, Star. He was a member of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse and an avid fan of the KU Jaykawks.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his sister Christine; son and daughter-in-law Ron and Margie Lorenzen; daughter and son-in-law Teresa and Paul Meeks and grandchildren Brett, Dana and Bethany.
Private burial will be at the Northern Nevada Veterans Cemetery in Fernley.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’