Obituary: Roy Mayer
June 30, 2002
Former Carson City resident Roy Mayer, 58, a Gardnerville resident for the past seven years, died June 26, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital after a long battle with cancer.
Born Jan. 9, 1944, in San Jose, Calif., Mr. Mayer first moved to Nevada in 1971 and lived in Carson City before moving to Gardnerville.
He worked in the custom cabinet business and later as a salesman for Carson Valley Cabinetry until December 2000.
He had a passion for golf and a desire to learn about events and places around the world.
He was preceded in death by a brother, John Galli.
Mr. Mayer is survived by a daughter, Dana Burch of Portland, Ore., a son and daughter-in-law, Mitch and Tina Mayer of Santa Clara, Calif.; sisters Doris MacDonald of Carson City and Elaine Curley of Alameda, Calif.; brother Thomas Lyskoski of Carson City; numerous cousins, nieces and nephews and life companion Sandra Egoscue of Gardnerville.
Recommended Stories For You
A celebration of Mr. Mayer’s life will be held.
FitzHenry’s Crematory in Carson City is in charge of cremation. FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville is in charge of arrangements.
Donations may be made to Carson Advocates for Cancer Care, 990 N. Minnesota St., Carson City, Nev. 89701.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit