Obituary Shirley M. Wicks
March 16, 2002
A graveside service for Shirley M. Wicks, 79, a Gardnerville resident for the past six years, will be at 10 a.m. on Monday at the veterans cemetery in Fernley.
A memorial service will follow at 1 p.m. at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Carson City.
Mrs. Wicks died March 8, 2002, in Hawthorne. She was born June 19, 1922, in Long Island City, N.Y., to Philip and Madelin Zimmerman Muller.
She married Allen Wicks Sept. 8, 1946, in Woodside, N.Y.
Before moving to Gardnerville, she lived in Albuquerque, N.M.
Mrs. Wicks worked in the manufacturing industry in New York. She was gifted at needlepoint. She was a member of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
Recommended Stories For You
Among her survivors are her husband Allen of Gardnerville; stepmother Edna B. Wicks of Albuquerque; brothers-in-law Glenn E.N. Wicks of Sacramento and Roald Wicks of Camarillo, Calif. and sisters-in-law Carol W. Tinker of Weslaco, Texas and Alta Lee Wicks of Arlington, Texas.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature