Obituary: Sue Ellen Watson
December 4, 2002
A funeral Mass for Sue Ellen Watson, 60, a Virginia City resident for the past 28 years, will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary in the Mountains in Virginia City.
Mrs. Watson died Dec. 2, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. She was born Oct. 29, 1942, in La Crosse, Wis., to Ardyce Gutknect.
She received a bachelor’s of arts degree from the University of Wisconsin and a master’s in English and history from the University of Wyoming.
Mrs. Watson was a high school teacher in both Wisconsin and Wyoming. She worked at Eiley Orrum in Virginia City for 22 years. She loved reading, collecting dolls and fine crystal. She was very involved in fund-raising for the Virginia City Motorcycle Marathon. She was a Catholic.
Among her survivors are husband Red Watson of Virginia City; daughter and son-in-law Tanya and Ron Millim of Carson City; mother Ardyce Wolfgram of Chippewa Falls, Wis.; brother Richard Wolfgram of Wisconsin; sister and brother-in-law Nancy and Joe Reinert of Wonewoc, Wis., and numerous grand and great-grandchildren, all of Carson City.
Burial will be at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand