Obituary Vernon Marvin Herrem
May 31, 2002
Vernon Marvin Herrem, 76, an 11-year resident of Carson City, died in Newport, Wash., May 27, 2002.
He was born Nov. 3, 1925 in Rib Lake, Wis., to John and Helen Greashamer Herrem.
He lived in Oldtown, Idaho, for three weeks having moved there to stay with his daughter while he was ill.
In 1952, he married Elizabeth Crystal Christgen in San Diego.
Mr. Herrem was a 21-year veteran of the U.S. Navy. After his discharge, he worked in weapons ordinance for the civil service.
He enjoyed the outdoors, fishing, camping and hunting.
Recommended Stories For You
He was preceded in death by his wife in 1995.
His survivors include his daughter and son-in-law Marion Pepper of Oldtown; two grandchildren Caran Kennedy of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and Vernon W. Pepper of Citrus Heights, Calif.; a sister and brother-in-law Beverly and Pat Holmse of Indian Harbor Beach, Fla.
Private services will be held at the family home.
Sherman-Knapp Funeral Home of Newport is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit