Obituary Vester L. Wade
October 2, 2002
A graveside service for Vester L. Wade, 88, a Carson City resident for the past four years, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Desert Memorial Park Cemetery in Ridgecrest, Calif.
Mr. Wade died Sept. 30, 2002, at his home. He was born Sept. 5, 1914, in Oklahoma to William and Evie Kyle Wade.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Ridgecrest for 25 years.
Mr. Wade enjoyed fishing, watching football and gardening.
He served in the U.S. Army in the 709th Tank Battalion in Europe during World War II and participated in the Normandy invasion.
He was preceded in death by his wife Monzell in 1991 in Ridgecrest; son Dennis Hignite in 2000 in Bakersfield, Calif., and daughter Vivian Wade in 1998 in Tehachapi, Calif.,
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his son Kenneth Hignite of Tehachapi; daughters Jeannie Hammett of York, S.C., and Nancy Carnahan of Carson City; brother Bill of Bodfish, Calif., Leroy of Yreka, Calif., and Junior and Buster, both of Shasta, Calif.; sisters Lorraine Tharp and Betty Blair, both of Bakersfield; 12 grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren and nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to the VA Medical Center Crisis Account, 1000 Locust, Reno 89502 or to Vista Care Hospice Care Foundation, 6225 Neil Road, No. 201, Reno 89511.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature