Obituary: Violet Thelma Richard
June 3, 2002
A graveside service will be held Tuesday in Utah for Violet Thelma Richard, a 44-year resident of Carson City. She died May 14, 2002, at the Mountain View Care Center. She was 93,
Mrs. Richard was born May 24, 1908, in Layton, Utah, to Hyrum D. and Grace Wade Higgs. Her husband, Merle Richard, died in December 1966. She was also preceded in death by a brother, Charlie Higgs.
Mrs. Richard was a lifelong member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She belonged to the Third Ward in Carson City.
She cooked for the senior citizen centers in Dayton, Virginia City and Carson City.
Mrs. Richard will be buried Tuesday alongside her husband in Kaysville Cemetery in Layton, Utah.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley, Carson City, was in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy