Obituary: Walter Raymond Braddy
May 29, 2002
A memorial service for Walter Raymond Braddy, 78, a Minden resident for the past two years, will be at 1 p.m. today, at FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville.
Mr. Braddy died May 25, 2002, at Tahoe Pacific Hospital in Sparks. He was born Dec. 17, 1923, in Cotton Wood, Calif., to Willard and Lorene Stores Braddy.
Before moving to Minden, he lived in Springville, Calif., for 20 years and in the San Fernando Valley for 30 years.
Mr. Braddy worked as a defense systems project manager in Litton, Ind., retiring in 1986. He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9499, Litton Flying Club and Sequoia Foothill Art Association.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942-46 during World War II and in Korea.
Among his survivors are his wife Charlotte of Minden; daughters Karen Harold of West Hills, Calif. and Janis Alcott of Gardnerville; sons Steven of Seattle, Wash. and Paul of Ventura, Calif.; sisters Grace Rinehart of Roseville, Calif., Barbara Brandt of Denver, Colo. and Marjorie Hall of Vacaville, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
Inurnment will be at Eastside Memorial Park in Minden.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit