Obituary: Willard F. Rumph
May 15, 2002
A funeral for Willard F. Rumph, 82, a Carson City resident for the past 17 years, will be at 1 p.m. Friday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith. There will be a reception at First United Methodist Church following the service.
A viewing will be from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Mr. Rumph died May 14, 2002, at Nevada Cares. He was born March 28, 1920, in Munising, Mich., to Henry and Albertina Anderson Rumph.
He graduated from the University of Minnesota in Duluth.
He married Evelyn M. Russell Aug. 3, 1962.
Mr. Rumph worked as a teacher for 25 years at San Marino Unified School District in California. He was a life member of the California Teachers Association, AARP and past president of the Chorus of the Comstock, local chapter of SPEBSQSA. He was in the barber shop chorus for 35 years and he was a master woodcraftsman. He was a Protestant.
Recommended Stories For You
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Among his survivors are his wife Evelyn M. of Carson City; daughters Becky Beniares of Sunnyvale, Calif. and Leslie Rumph of Reno; sister June Edelstein of Stafford, Va. and son-in-law Adony and numerous nieces and nephews.
Burial will be at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, Calif.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary’s Hospice, 235 W. 6th St., Reno 89520.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’