Obituary: William E. "Bill" Charlson
May 1, 2002
William E. “Bill” Charlson, 82, a Dayton resident for the past four years, died April 29, 2002, in Carson City. He was born March 17, 1920, in Kansas City, Mo., to Samuel and Esther Meier Charlson.
He graduated from West Point Military Academy.
Before moving to Dayton, he lived in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
Mr. Charlson was a retired colonel in the U.S. Air Force, having served for 31 years. He was a fighter pilot. He was an avid gardener and enjoyed playing tennis and traveling.
He was preceded in death by son William Jr. in 1997.
Among his survivors are his wife Jeanne of Dayton; daughters Pamela Santos of Decatur, Ill., and Patricia Freels of Lambertville, Mich.; sisters Mary Pierce of Winston, Ore., and Ann Oberst of Barefoot Park, Fla., and five grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
No service will be held.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’