Obituary William H. Gunkel
April 10, 2002
A memorial service for William H. Gunkel, 74, a Carson City resident for the past six years, will be held at a later date in Modesto, Calif.
Mr. Gunkel died April 6, 2002, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Reno. He was born Jan. 24, 1928, in Oklahoma to Jesse Gunkel and Zella Mears Gunkel.
He married Patsy Mankin on May 7, 1949, in Stockton, Calif. Prior to living in Carson City he resided in Modesto.
Mr. Gunkel was a past member of the Elks Lodge; Veterans of Foreign Wars; American Legion in Modesto; past president of Modesto Shrine Club, past member of the Junior Chamber of Commerce and Chamber of Commerce in Modesto; past owner of Bill’s Safe and Lock Service in Modesto; past president of Locksmiths Association of America in Modesto and a member of the Caravan RV Club in Reno.
Among his survivors are his wife Patsy Mankin Gunkel of Carson City; son William P. Gunkel of Modesto; daughter Barbara Miller of Modesto; two brothers, one sister, four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Cremation is under the direction of FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature