Obituary: William Joseph McNinch
July 4, 2002
A service with full military honors for William Joseph McNinch, 78, a Dayton resident for the past 11 years, will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley.
Mr. McNinch died July 3, 2002, at his home. He was born Jan. 21, 1924, in Lancaster, S.C., to Mason and Lillie Blackmon McNinch.
Before moving to Dayton, he lived in San Diego, Calif.
Mr. McNinch was a carpenter. He was an avid fisherman.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a watertender 2nd class.
Among his survivors are his son Joe Jr. of Topaz; daughter Layonne McNinch Crayton of Dayton; brother Mason Jr. of South Carolina; sister Lillian Limoges of Colfax, Calif.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Funeral Home.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’