Obituary: William Robinson Hawkins
September 20, 2002
William Robinson Hawkins, 81, a Gardnerville resident for the past 24 years, died Sept. 19, 2002, at his home. He was born Jan. 19, 1921, in Los Angeles, to Charles Patrick and Helene Marie Robinson Hawkins.
He married Dorothy Peters March 6, 1976, in Torrence, Calif.
Before moving to Gardnerville, he lived in Los Angeles.
Mr. Hawkins retired from Garrett Air Research as an inspector. He enjoyed going to the horse races in California and going to the Carson Valley Inn. He was a member of St. Gall Catholic Church.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II in the Rhineland and Central Europe.
He was preceded in death by brother, Charles, in 1983.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his wife of Gardnerville; daughters Edith Kyriakopoulos and Rita Phillips, both of Carson City; brothers Jack of San Diego, Calif. and Tom of Mission Viejo, Calif.; six grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be at a later date.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature