Obituary: William Stanley Pryor
May 15, 2002
William Stanley Pryor, 79, a Douglas County resident for the past 24 years, died May 10, 2002, at the Carson Valley Medical Center in Gardnerville. He was born Aug. 23, 1922, in Revena, Neb., to Arthur Stanley and Blanche Reese Pryor.
He graduated from Carlin High School in 1940 and Albion State Normal College in Albion, Idaho.
Before moving to Gardnerville in 1989, he lived in Topaz Ranch Estates, having retired there from Sparks in 1978.
Mr. Pryor sold life and health insurance and retired in 1978. He was a member of the Topaz Sertoma Club.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1941-45 as a corpsman attached to USMC invasion forces.
He was preceded in death by a son, William Arthur.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his wife Virginia of Gardnerville; daughter Jill Sutherland of California; grandchildren Douglas A. Sutherland of California, Kerri Coady of Colorado and Stanley A. Pryor of Sparks and great-grandchildren Michael Sutherland, Jacob Sutherland and Grace Coady.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Gardnerville Food Closet in Gardnerville.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home, Gardnerville, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’