Obiturary: Marjorie Tahja
April 20, 2002
Marjorie Tahja, 86, a Calistoga, Calif., resident died April 10, 2002, at her home.
Mrs. Tahja was a frequent visitor to the Carson City area, had many friends and attended St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.
She was an excellent seamstress and wrote and organized recipe collections for four generations of women in the family.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years Andrew.
Among her survivors are her daughter Julie Rodolph of Carson City; granddaughter and husband Dawn and Jay Van Sickle and great-grandchildren Aaron and Rebecca Van Sickle, all of Dayton. In California she is survived by son and daughter-in-law David and Katy Tahja of Comptche,; grandsons Matthew Tahja and Andrew Rodolph and granddaughter Fern Tahja and great-granddaughter Caitlyn Rodolph and sisters Betty Lee in Sacramento, Calif., and Margaret Burdick in Portland, Ore.
A memorial service will be May 11 in Calistoga at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature