Obituray for Jessie Thomas Lofton
March 29, 2002
A funeral for Jessie Thomas Lofton, 85, a Carson City resident for the past 25 years, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley with Father Jeffrey Paul officiating.
Mrs. Lofton died March 26, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. She was born April 7, 1916, in Pike County, Ill., to Ira and Lillie Mae Miller Thomas.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles B. Lofton, five sisters and two brothers.
Mrs. Lofton and her husband retired from the Packaging Corp. of America in Denver, Colo., prior to moving to Carson City.
Among her survivors are her daughter and son-in-law Dottie and Bill Kelley of Carson City, eight nieces and one nephew.
A private committal service will be at Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery where she will be interred with her husband.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand