Off the Couch
• 10th annual Silver Dollar Car Classic car show. Features more than 150 classic cars and bikes at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park for cruising down “Main Street,” parade laps at Champion Speedway, poker run, street dance, barbecues, parties and more. Cruise of Champions is today at 6 p.m.; dance party 7-11 p.m.; Pancake breakfast Saturday 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Show and Shine; Champion Speedway 7:30 p.m.; $1 million Poker Run at 8:30 a.m. Sunday; steak barbecue after awards. Visit http://www.silverdollarcar.com or call 687-7410.
• Casino Fandango hosts a birthday celebration with live music including A Class Act from 4:30-8:30 p.m. today-Saturday; magician, stilt walker, Rick Sparks Bluegrass 2-7 p.m. Sunday followed by country music artist Lacy J. Dalton at 8 p.m. Call 885-7000.
• Nevada State Museum’s behind-the-scenes tours, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., 600 N. Carson St. Reservations or to book a tour; 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Nevada Paint Horse Club Show, 7 p.m. at Fairgrounds Front Arena (Fuji Park). Call Shirley Ruby at 267-2668.
• George Henepen Trio performs from 8-11 p.m. at The Station Grille, 1105 S. Carson St. Call 883-8400.
• Groove Fact’ry performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grill, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover. Call 883-8889.
• Fire and Child Safety Faire, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Tumbleweeds Gymnastics parking lot, 811 Short Court., Gardnerville Ranchos. Call 265-9496.
• Free Chautauqua presentation by J. Holmes Armstead on “James P. Beckwourth, Mountainman and Explorer,” at 7 p.m. at C.C. Meneley Elementary School. Call 782-9841.
• Heart performs at 9 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater today and Saturday. Tickets $49.50, $60.50. Call 789-2285.
• Rich Little performs at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Tickets, information: 356-3300.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor, alternating shows of “As You Like It” and “Much Ado About Nothing,” nightly through Aug. 22, except Mondays. Ticket prices vary; call (800) 74-SHOWS.
• “Day’s Rays,” a photography exhibit by Day Williams at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• “When I’m Sixty-Four,” the artwork of John Lennon on display at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino, Reno. Call (888) 278-1969.
• Engelbert Humperdinck performs at 9 p.m. today, 8 p.m. Saturday at the Silver Legacy Grande Exposition Hall, Reno. Tickets, information: 329-4777.
• Capital Christian Center Community Yard Sale and Car Wash, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1600 Snyder Ave. Features furniture, kitchen appliances, exercise equipment, color TVs w/remote, pictures, books and much more. Car wash $4 donation; benefits Royal Ranger program. Call 883-3355.
• Dayton Medical Center Grand Opening Celebration, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2450 Highway 50 East, Dayton. Live music, bounce house, health tips and more. Free barbecue and refreshments. Call 885-4631.
• Silver City Fireman’s Ball at Silver City Town Park, 3 p.m., features live music by Stoneground, Kenny Williams and others. Free admission; call 847-0378.
• Public dance at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville, 7-10 p.m. Cost $4 per person; refreshments will be served. Live music by Trilogy. Call 783-6455.
• University of Southern California Northern Nevada Alumni Club “SCendoff,” 4 p.m. at Round Hill Pines Resort, Lake Tahoe. Includes barbecue dinner, performance by members of the USC Trojan Marching Band and more. Cost $30 per person; call Gary Cook at 885-2333 or 883-1653.
• .38 Special performs at 9 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Tickets $25; call (800) 648-3353.
• Third annual Night in the Country Concert at 7 p.m. features Tracy Lawrence and Emerson Drive at the Lyon County Fairgrounds in Yerington; gates open at 5. A fund-raiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Mason Valley. Tickets $20 each; call (775) 463-5114. Food, refreshments available.
• MDT Agility Dog Shows, 9 a.m. at Fuji Park Saturday and Sunday. Call Lin Battaglia at 425-2375.
• Steam Up at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Adults $4; children 6-11 $2.50, 5-younger free. Call 687-6953.
• “The Highly Unusual Artwork of Fox Carlton Hughes,” on display at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Artist’s reception 5-7 p.m. Aug. 6. Call 883-1976.