Off the couch
September 16, 2004
• Million Dollar Shoot-out, a golf fund-raiser for the Children’s’ Museum of Northern Nevada, 2-7 p.m. at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Top-20 qualifiers get chance to win $1 million Sunday. Call Ken Beaton at 884-2226 or Jim Smolenski at 882-2644.
• Annual Cow County Ball, 6 p.m. at Fuji Park Exhibit Hall. Features dinner, dancing to live music by Somethin’ Country, raffle and silent auction. Proceeds benefit Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans and Domestic Violence Victims Assistance Project. Tickets $30; $250 for table of eight. Call 883-8278.
• Fridays@Third Street, 7 p.m., features hard rock ‘n’ roll music with Bad Intent, plus food, 224 S. Carson St. Call 884-4411.
• Carson City Recreation Middle School Dance, 7-10 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion. Open to any Eagle Valley or Carson middle schools student; $5 per student; school dress code enforced; snacks available; call 887-2290, ext. 100.
• “Arsenic and Old Lace” presented by Proscenium Players, 7 tonight and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
Recommended Stories For You
• Carson Valley Open Studios Art Tour throughout Carson Valley through Sunday. Call 782-1124.
• C Hill Flag Rally, meet at 8 a.m. behind Greenhouse Garden Center, Rhodes and Curry streets. Free hot dogs, hamburgers and refreshments. Call Mike Roach at 720-3598.
• Pinenut Mountains Trails Association Carson City Trails Cleanup, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Deer Run Road, south of bridge. Brings gloves and a truck to help clean up. Call 887-2262.
• Roberts House Tea, 10 a.m. at 1207 N. Carson St. Includes scones with toppings, fresh fruit, breads, desserts and teas. Cost $12; call 887-8865.
• Salsa Y Salsas! Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Legislative Plaza on South Carson Street. Free event features artists, live music, folklorico dancers, food vendors, salsa dance and salsa-tasting contests. Call 885-1055 or 887-1294.
• Karson Kruzers end-of-summer street dance and show-n-shine, 7-11 p.m., west parking lot of the Carson Nugget, corner of Carson and Robinson streets. Free hot dogs plus live music by Stevie and The Stingrays with McClain’s Mobile DJ. Show-and-shine open to all vehicles, including motorcycles. Call 882-0829 or 883-0927.
• Central Lyon County Connection’s Mentor Program “Join the Fun Run,” 7:30 a.m. – starts and ends at Our Park, west Dayton. Includes a 5- and 10-K run and 2-mile walk. Fee $20 per person, $35 adult and youth and includes T-shirt, drawing prize and refreshments. Call 246-0320.
• Dayton Valley Golf Club Luau, 5 p.m., open to the public. Features Hawaiian entertainment, food and refreshment. Cost $25; call 246-7888.
• Tahoe Rim Trail Association annual Hike-A-Thon. Call for time, sponsorship and location: (775) 298-0232.
• 2004 Nevada LiverWalk at Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno. Check-in at 8 a.m., 8:30 team photos; 8:45 aerobics warm-up and stretching, 9 a.m. 5-K walk. Information at http://email@example.com or call Sandy Curl at 883-5415.
• Dayton Valley Days in downtown Dayton. Features Gold Creek Show ‘n’ Shine 8:30 a.m. -4 p.m. Saturday; wagon and train rides starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday; Kiwanis pancake breakfast 7 a.m. Saturday; parade at 10 a.m. Saturday; crafters, antique dealers food and more. Call 246-7909.
• Second annual Alzheimer’s Memory Walk at the Capitol. Registration is at 8:30 a.m.; walk begins after registration complete (about 9 a.m.) Walk is 1-mile along the Historic Blue Line Trail; free lunch and refreshments to participants, plus raffle. Call 883-0703 or 786-8061.
• Friends of Tony and Bev Link Poker Run, Raffle and Auction benefit. Starts at Fairl’s Country Saloon for sign-in from 9-11 a.m., raffle and auction about 5 p.m. at Fairl’s. Fee is $10; donations accepted. Call 972-4503.
• Seventh annual St. Teresa of Avila Basque Festival at Fuji Park. Features traditional Basque dancers, food, music, sheepherding and more. Gates open at 11 a.m., field Mass at noon, lunch from 1-3 p.m., events and games from 1-4 p.m. Adults $25, children 16-younger free; tickets at St. Teresa’s Church and school, Adele’s Restaurant, Java Joe’s, The Cracker Box, Villa Basque Deli, JT Basque Bar and Restaurant, The Overland Hotel and Carson Valley Country Club and at the door. Call 882-1968.
• Historic Genoa Walk, 1-2 p.m., meet at Mormon Station State Historic Park; bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes. Call 782-2590.