Off the couch
September 23, 2004
• Nevada State Museum behind-the-scenes tours, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., 600 N. Carson St. Reservations requested, call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Carson City Chamber of Commerce Membership Appreciation Barbecue Lunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the chamber, 1900 S. Carson St. Call 882-1565.
• A reception for admirers of Hans Meyer Kassel’s paintings, 5-7 p.m. at the Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St. Call 887-8865.
• Carson City Emblem Club rummage sale preview 6-8:30 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St., supper available. Call 882-2177.
• Jackson Browne performs at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater at 8 p.m. Tickets $47.25 and $57.75. Call 789-2285.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dayton Valley Community Church fund-raiser, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and Saturday at 135 Fortune Drive, Dayton. Includes games, prizes to all kids and more. Call 246-5611.
• “Arsenic and Old Lace” presented by Proscenium Players, 8 p.m. today and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• Street Vibrations, more than 40,000 motorcycles converge in Northern Nevada for the 11th annual event. For details visit online at http://www.road-shows.com. Organizers ask motorists to use extra caution.
• Bonanza Kennel Club All Breeds Dog Show at Fuji Park, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Sunday. Call 887-8822.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Once Upon a Mattress,” 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets, information: 445-4249.
• Sierra Intermountain Emergency Radio Association breakfast social, 8 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s. Visitors welcome; call 749-5545.
• Audubon field trip, 8 a.m. at Silver Saddle Ranch. Trip leader is Nancy Bish; call 884-1570.
• Collin Raye in concert for the Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada, 3-4:30 p.m. at the Piñon Plaze east parking lot. Free to ticket holders from canceled Sept. 19 show; $10 to others. Call 882-8820.
• Carson City Emblem Club rummage sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Includes furniture, clothing and household items. Proceeds benefit hearing impaired projects. Call 882-2177.
• International Chili Society Regional Cook-Off Fund-raiser from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Glen Eagles Restaurant in Carson City, 3700 N. Carson St. Call Jeanne Corbit at 885-4776 or Vicki Shell at 884-4414.
• Carson High School Girl’s Freshman Volleyball car wash fund-raiser, 10 a.m. to p.m. at The Country Store – Exxon station, 3389 Highway 50 East (next to der Wienerschnitzel). Suggested donation $5 per car. Call 841-3323 or 883-4097.
• Greenhouse Garden Center offers a free workshop at 2 p.m., “Getting Your Pond and Yard Ready for Winter,” 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• “The Truth about the Wild Horse,” free lecture and slide show, 7-9 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., presented by Craig C. Downer, wildlife ecologist. Call 267-3484.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center “End of Summer Dance,” 7-10 p.m. with live music by The Joe Rossi Orchestra, 911 Beverly Drive. Cost $6 per person; free dance lesson at 6 p.m. Wine bar and refreshments available. Call 883-0703.
• Fresh produce and crafts at the Fall Farmers Market at Telegraph Square from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Teen Game Day at Douglas County Public Library, 1-4 p.m. in the Minden Library meeting room, includes Monopoly, Chess and Risk. Pizza and soda provided. Call Maria at 782-9841.
• Steam up at the Nevada Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Call 687-6953.
• Annual Genoa Candy Dance weekend and Arts and Craft Faire, downtown Genoa Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night’s Candy Dance is sold out. Call 782-8696.
• Carson Valley Sertoma annual Oktoberfest, noon to 4 p.m. in Minden Park. Features Al Gruber’s Bavarian Band; sausage dinner for $8 adults, children’s dinner of hot dogs and chips $2.50, plus other food and refreshments available. Plus traditional dancing, music, games, contests, vendor booths and more. Call 782-8777.