Off the Couch
November 11, 2004
• Holiday Craft Fair at Carson High School, 1111 N. Saliman 5-9 tonight and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Features more than 100 unique crafters; photos with Santa, raffle and cash drawings. Cost $2. Call 883-2062.
• Annual Craftique Show, noon-7 p.m. tonight, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Church, 1201 N. Saliman Road. Features hand-crafted items by locals. Call 882-6528.
• “Virtue-O Show,” 6 p.m. tonight and 11 a.m. Saturday at The Upstage Center Theatre, 900 Mallory Way. Features dance and acrobatics performances with 100 acrobats, actors and dancers of Positive Energy. Tickets, information: 884-3633.
• “Footloose” on stage at UNR’s Redfield Proscenium Theatre, 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets $20 general. Call 784-6847.
• Misfits Theatre Group of Dayton presents “The Unspeakables, or Tea Time in Dayton,” a Roaring ’20s melodrama. At Mia’s Swiss Restaurant in Dayton. 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday. Tickets $8. Purchase at Mia’s and Connie’s Copy Place in Dayton or call 246-9622.
Recommended Stories For You
• “You Know I Can’t Hear You When the Water’s Running,” presented by The Proscenium Players, 8 p.m. tonight-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Carousel” at 7:30 p.m. tonight-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets, information: 445-4249.
• Authors signing at The Book Den, 1-3 p.m., 1328 Highway 395, Suite 305, Gardnerville. Features Karen Collett Wilson and photographer Susan A. Zerga, also Linda Chambers. Call 783-1100.
• Fall Dance Festival at Nightingale Hall at University of Nevada, Reno, 8 p.m. Tickets $10 general, $8 university students with ID. Call 784-7015.
• Friends of the Silver Saddle Ranch host a work day, 9 a.m. to noon at the ranch; projects at all energy levels. Snacks provided. Ranch off Carson River Road. Call 884-1570.
• Creative Crew, a video production workshop, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Cost $60 per person; call 883-1976.
• “Spirit of Christmas” Holiday Faire, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 412 W. Musser St. Features holiday gift items, ornaments, bears, angels, baked goods, vests, aprons, toys and more. Soup lunch 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 882-1436.
• Fourteenth annual Santa’s Village Christmas Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Includes handmade items, baked goods and candy, plus See’s candy. Chili bar available. Call 883-7887.
• Second annual Dean Fillmore 3-on-3 Men and Women’s Basketball Tournament at 9 a.m. at Carson Colony Gymnasium. Entry fee $30 per team; call Eric at 841-3968.
• Family History Seminar from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carson City Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 411 N. Saliman Road. Opportunity for beginners to found out about their family members and for more advanced researchers more sophisticated search techniques. All ages and faiths welcome; call 884-2064.
• “How to Care for Orchids,” 11 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St., with Dr. Eugene Horsley of the Northern Nevada Orchid Society. Call 882-8600.
• Pig in a Pit Barbecue, 6 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge, 1380 E. Fifth St. Cost $10; proceeds benefit The Kids Fund. Call 883-1006.
• Second annual Lineage Luncheon of Holcomb Chapter of Colonial Dames 17th Century, 11 a.m. at Thunder Canyon Country Club. Reservations required; call 783-9626.
• Kiwanis Club of Dayton Township annual All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Feed, 5-8 p.m. at Dayton Elementary School, includes silent auction and raffle. Cost $6 adults, $3 children 4-10; tickets at door. Call 629-0301.
• Douglas County Public Library Giant Book Sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the library, 1604 Esmeralda Ave., Minden. Call 782-9841.
• Night Rangers performs at 9 p.m. at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe South Shore Room. Tickets $27.50; call (800) 427-7247.
• Gift of Gab performs at 10 p.m. at Whiskey Dicks Saloon, South Lake Tahoe. Tickets $20; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• Donna Summer performs at Reno’s City Center Pavilion, 8 p.m. Tickets $77, $66 or $55. Call (888) 288-1833.
• Michael Martin Murphy performs at benefit concert at the Boys & Girls Club of Mason Valley in Yerington. Tickets $30; limited seating. Call (775) 463-2334 or (775) 463-1783.
Trending In: Opinion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion