Off the couch
• “The Tale of Oliver Twist,” 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Presented by the BAC and Carson Performing Arts. Tickets $8 general, $7 members, students, seniors and $6 SBC, children. Call 883-1976.
• Talent Contest, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Admission $5 adults, students $3; snacks available. Call Joyce at 782-2105.
• Minden-Douglas Elks Lodge 2670 annual Spaghetti Feed and Christmas Tree Bingo, 4:30 p.m. at the CVIC Hall, 1604 Esmeralda Ave., Minden. Adults $6, children 11-younger $4.
• Traditional Paiute Willow Work and Horsehair Baskets display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. (at Washington). Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 687-6680.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• City Zu performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. today and Saturday at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover. Call 883-8889.
• “The Mouse’s Tale,” presented by St. Teresa School, 11 a.m. at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community Church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane. Performed by 52 children in grades K-8; features sing along. Call 882-1968.
• Carson-Tahoe Auxiliary Christmas luncheon fund-raiser, 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget Ballroom. Features comedian Kat Simmons, raffle and silent auction. Proceeds benefit Carson-Tahoe Cancer Center. Tickets $30 at the hospital Gift Shop. Call 721-0022.
• Santa Day at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Crafts, cookie decorating for children from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Polaroid photos with Santa for $2. Activities free with paid admission; call 884-2226.
• Pines Are Fine children’s crafts workshop, 1-2:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. For kids in grades 4-5; $5 supply fee. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• “The Tale of Oliver Twist,” 2 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Presented by the BAC and Carson Performing Arts. Tickets $8 general, $7 members, students, seniors and $6 SBC, children. Call 883-1976.
• Carson City Elks Lodge 33rd annual Elks Hoop Shoot for kids ages 8-13; sign-ups at 4:30 p.m. at Carson Middle School on King Street. Competition at 11:30 a.m. Open to boys and girls; call 884-4109.
• John Gorka in concert at 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 members, students, seniors and $17 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• “Angels Talk Back” class, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Johnson Lane area, by author Kaye Wolf. A step-by-step guide to receive angel information. Class $69 and includes buffet lunch, refreshments and autographed book; second person $50 (no book). Seating limited, call 267-1105 or (888) 546-6478.
• Annual Genoa Christmas Faire, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with crafts, Christmas cafe, music, baked goods and Santa from noon-2 p.m. each day. Call 782-8696.
• Storey County Senior Center Christmas Fair, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, corner of Mill and E streets, Virginia City. Includes Christmas goodies, collectibles and baked goods. Call 847-0957.
• RSVP hosts an outdoor Holiday Boutique, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 286 Riverboat Road, just off Highway 50 East in east Dayton. Call 246-4902.
• Christmas Pottery, Art and Crafts Exhibition, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Dayton Valley Floral Artisans Store, Dayton Valley Road. Features John Manley, Leigh Lunt, Dale Mauer and Gail Gola. Call 849-0408 or 246-5296.
• Brad Lund Trio featuring June Joplin, 8-10 p.m., at Comma Coffee’s Christmas Party, 312 S. Carson St.
• Victorian Home Christmas Tour, noon-5 p.m., presented by Nevada Historical Society and Carson City Redevelopment. Call 882-1805.
• Capital City Community Band’s annual free Winter Concert, 3 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Includes visit by Santa Claus. Call 883-2219.
• “The Littlest Angel,” a Tahoe Players production at 2 p.m. at St. Mary’s in the Mountains Church. Free; reception and tour of museum after performance. Call 832-0216 or 831-0379.