Past headlines 10/24
October 10, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
Commission names three finalists to replace Griffin
Carson district attorney not on the short list
The Judicial Selection Commission has named three finalists, including a longtime Douglas County Justice of the Peace, to replace retiring Carson District Judge Mike Griffin.
Griffin has announced he will retire at the end of this year. He is Nevada’s longest-serving district judge with 28 years on the bench.
Update: James Todd Russell was chosen and sworn into office in January. His seat will be up for election in 2008.
Recommended Stories For You
The search is over
A Carson Valley family uncovered the Nevada Treasure Hunt prize after following 10 bewildering clues to a grass thicket at a small park on the Minden/Gardnerville line.
After searching daily for two weeks, Peter and Elona Lathrop found the leather pouch containing an acrylic medallion Sunday morning at Sunset Park.
Update: As of Tuesday the hunt was still on for the 2007 treasure.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand