Past headlines 11/15
October 25, 2007
Trees were toppled, power lines snapped in half, and at least one branch pierced a roof during Monday night’s winds in Carson City.
“I heard the noise. It was a terrible crash, and then I walked in here and there is was,” said Ada Roelke as she stood looking up into the 10-inch hole in her bedroom ceiling made by a poplar branch turned missile.
Gas prices drop again
Silver State has double-digit drop, according to AAA survey
Carson City gas prices have dropped 13 cents from last month, but Nevadans are still paying some of the highest prices in the nation, according to an automotive services company.
Update: Prices in Carson City were up 24-cents in the last month averaging out at $3.24 a gallon, according to AAA Nevada report released Tuesday.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit