Past Headlines 11/22
November 7, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
Carson City lawyer chosen as district court judge
A Carson City lawyer appointed Tuesday by Gov. Kenny Guinn as First District Court judge will continue his family tradition of public service.
James Todd Russell, a partner in the law firm of Allison, MacKenzie, Russell, Pavlakis, Wright & Fagan, said Tuesday that he is excited to serve Nevadans, following his father and grandfather.
Update: Russell announced last week that he will run for the office in 2008.
Park land eyed for alternate route in Dayton
Recommended Stories For You
The hunt for an alternative to Highway 50 for those traveling east of Old Town Dayton may lead to Lyon County acquiring part of the Dayton State Park.
Preliminary talks began Tuesday between Lyon County Manager Donna Kristaponis and David Morrow, administrator for Nevada State Parks Division, to consider a section of the park north of Highway 50 to be used for a road around central Dayton.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed