Past headlines 11/25
November 8, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
Women use luxurious front-door service on chaotic Black Friday
While thousands of holiday shoppers maneuvered through parking lots and hoofed it across asphalt expanses to escape the chill fall air, three Carson City women reclined in the black leather interior of a Lincoln Continental limousine, puffing on Marlboro 100s.
From there they stepped into consumer chaos.
Update: By 7 p.m. Thursday night, there was a line around the Topsy Lane Best Buy to the install bay, said Best Buy operations manager Dan Frias. The store’s general manager Marcello Rostagni said the first customer to wait in line showed up at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving, waiting 21 hours for the store to open at 5 a.m. “It’s the most fun day of the year,” said Rostagni.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit