Past headlines 12/21
November 23, 2007
Headlines from a year ago
Prison audit reveals problems
A legislative audit of the Nevada Department of Corrections has found numerous problems with the prison’s pharmacy, including poor record-keeping that left 1,000 doses of barbiturates unaccounted for at the women’s prison in North Las Vegas.
The audit also found that the prison system’s main pharmacy often took up to four weeks to dispense needed medications to inmates around the state.
These findings and others left the department’s stock of medications vulnerable to theft or misuse, the auditor, Paul Townsend, wrote.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit