Past headlines 12/22
November 29, 2007
Headlines from a year ago
Vandals decapitate Frosty, shank Santa
In the Grinchiest of moves Wednesday night, vandals destroyed Christmas displays in the front yards of two homes on Bonnyview Drive.
“It’s just real obnoxious,” said homeowner Becky Jones, who woke up Thursday morning in the 3000 block of Bonnyview Drive to find the head of her $60 wire-and-lights snowman had been ripped off.
This was the second time in a week Jones was hit. On Tuesday morning, a neighbor at the corner of Sandalwood and Bonnyview found vandals had torn up his decorations and Jones discovered her snowman was headless. She spent an hour repairing the damage, even using a bread bag twist-tie to fix a hole near the snowman’s eye.
More traffic deputies will be on street for New Year’s celebration
Recommended Stories For You
More Carson City deputies will be on the streets enforcing traffic laws from Thursday through New Year’s Day, an official said.
Deputy Jarrod Adams said in a press release the increase is aimed at patrolling for drunken drivers.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit