Past headlines 12/30
December 7, 2007
Headlines from a year ago
Nevada fans travel to bowl game in Boise
Nevada football fever is high in Carson City and the surrounding area.
Nevada athletic department officials expect nearly 1,000 fans to make the trek to Boise for the MPC Computers Bowl game against Miami at 4:30 p.m. New Year’s Eve. The game will be aired on ESPN.
Included in that group are four couples from Carson City and a family from Gardnerville.
It will be the second consecutive bowl appearance for the Wolf Pack, which won last year’s Sheraton Hawaii Bowl in overtime. Nevada enters the game with an 8-4 record and Miami, a member of the Big East, is 6-6.
Recommended Stories For You
Budget battles looming for Nevada lawmakers
Nevada lawmakers showing up next month for the start of the 2007 Legislature will have a jammed agenda, dealing with a slew of thorny issues, a new governor and a nearly $7 billion spending plan.
Lawmakers are set to wrangle over funding for all-day kindergarten classes, teacher salaries, new highways and broadening access to health care.
They will not, both Democrats and Republicans say, raise taxes.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’