October 25, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
Pundits: Derby ran probably the best campaign in the state this year
Dean Heller will go to Washington as Nevada’s new member of the House of Representatives, but as a member of the minority.
His was one of the few GOP bright spots in congressional races Tuesday.
And Heller won by less than 10,000 in a district with a 48,300 Republican registration advantage.
Elections deputy: Nevada votgoes smoothly
Recommended Stories For You
While voters in some Eastern and Midwestern states had problems with their new electronic voting machines, Election Day went smoothly in Nevada.
Ellick Hsu, elections deputy for Secretary of State Dean Heller, said Nevada election officials and voters had an advantage over many of those states because this isn’t Nevada’s first experience with the electronic system.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection