August 24, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
Lucky plans to pull a big rig
Glenn Lucky’s motto is “Mind over matter.”
Whether he’s pedaling 30-plus-miles a day on his three-wheeled trike or just trying to talk to people, his speech thick from the effects of cerebral palsy, Lucky said he learned a long time ago he will accomplish whatever he sets his mind to, despite the critics.
On Sept. 24, the 53-year-old plans to put that determination to the test when he will strap a harness onto his bowed frame and pull an 18-wheeler in a North Carson Street parking lot at “high noon.”
Missing man’s wife charged in theft
Recommended Stories For You
The wife of a missing airline mechanic was charged Tuesday with grand theft, accused of taking thousands of dollars from her husband’s business and using his credit card without permission.
Karen Bodden, 43, was being held in Douglas County Jail without bail, charged with grand theft, uttering a forged instrument and unlawful use of a credit card.
Authorities wouldn’t speculate Thursday whether the missing mechanic and the body found near Johnson Lane were related.
Update: Karen Bodden was indicted Tuesday for open murder by a Douglas County Grand Jury in the death of her husband. She remains in the Douglas County Jail on $1 million cash bail.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’