Past pages 10/26
October 10, 2007
Headlines from a year ago:
This grand marshal won’t be waving
A truck will haul Inyo down Carson Street for annual parade
This Nevada Day, the parade grand marshal will not be wearing a broad grin, nor waving at the crowd.
This year’s 34-ton grand marshal will be cruising on the back of a low-boy trailer. And if anybody is waving, it’ll be the passengers in the engineer’s cab.
Update: George Knapp, an investigative television reporter from Las Vegas, is the grand marshal for this year’s Nevada Day parade – the festival’s theme is one of his specialties: Area 51.
Recommended Stories For You
Collision into building closes business
An elderly driver lost consciousness and slammed into the front wall of Office Depot on Wednesday, causing damage to the structure and forcing inspectors to close the business down.
Deputy Wayne Gray said driver Kenneth Norris, 74, and his wife, Barbara, 71, were both transported to the hospital by ambulance following the 11:48 a.m. accident at Carson Street and Fairview Drive.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand