Past pages 1/3
December 28, 2007
120 YEARS AGO
Another newspaper gone … the bright little Austin Reveille. The Manhattan mine was sold – this being one of its principle sources of income.
100 YEARS AGO
Federation men return to work as the backbone of the strike has been broken and history seems to be about ready to perch on the wings of the operation at Goldfield. A number of Federation men requested to be taken back in the mines and they were given their old positions. With this request they forfeit their allegiance to the union. One thing is certain, it will carry a certain amount of weight at the coming special session of the Legislature.
70 YEARS AGO
The program at Leisure Hour Club’s meeting will include “Current Events” by Mrs. Elizabeth Castle, and a paper on “Interesting Advances in Textile Industries of Today” by Mrs. Florence Doan. Mrs. Gray Mashburn will be hostess for the meeting and Miss Grace Bordewich will have charge of the musical program.
Recommended Stories For You
50 YEARS AGO
Third grade pupils of Gleason school walked off with all honors in the “Ever Alert” essay contest. Janet Richards took first prize, followed closely by Eloine Houssell, Jeanne Stevens, Joan Pugsley, Diane Schulz and Tommy Arnold. The prize winners will share a fund of $12 provided by Fleischmann Foundation.
20 YEARS AGO
Photo caption: Carson City’s first baby of the New Year 1988 arrived at 4:20 p.m. Little Jose Aguilar’s parents, Adelina and Louis Aguilar proudly pose with the couple’s first child.
10 YEARS AGO
Michael Kennedy, the 39-year-old son of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy was killed in a skiing accident when he crashed into a tree at an Aspen Mountain resort.
• Sue Ballew is the daughter of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand