Past pages 1/4
December 28, 2007
120 YEARS AGO
All sorts: Lung protectors at Thaxter’s drug store. For cold feet, get a hot water bag at Thaxter’s.
100 YEARS AGO
Local Eagles install officers … last evening Carson Aerie, 1906, F.O.E. installed its officers for the coming year. They are: worthy President Rodger Heidenreich; worthy Vice President Fred Knoblock; worthy Chaplain J. Rebuky; Inside Guard Henry Bath; Outside Guard Fred Fischer; worthy Secretary H.B. Van Etten; worthy Treasurer George Kitzmeyer.
70 YEARS AGO
Advertisement: “Carson Theatre, ‘Charlie Chan on Broadway’ with Warner Oland and Keye Luke.”
Recommended Stories For You
50 YEARS AGO
Bruce Svenson celebrated his 8th birthday at the home of is parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sture Svenson.
20 YEARS AGO
Henderson, Nevada, is the state’s largest city. The Department of Taxation reports place Nevada’s population at 1,053,230. In Henderson the city’s population jumped from 42,180 to 54, 590 in one year.
10 YEARS AGO
A new area code in Nevada will split the state. Nevada has remained one of the states to maintain a single area code for 51 years. The telephone industry has recommended the 702 area code be limited to Clark County, and northern and rural Nevada receive a new number – 775.
• Sue Ballew is the daughter of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed