Paws in Park run aids Humane Society
November 7, 2002
A 5K run and two-mile run/walk fund-raiser for the Capital City Humane Society is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. Saturday at River View Park in Carson City.
“Only those competing with their pets can receive awards,” said Humane Society President Isabel R. Young.
Entry fee Saturday is $25. Family rate is $50. Registration starts at 9 a.m.
Proceeds benefit the nonprofit Humane Society in its efforts to provide a Carson-area animal shelter to meet the needs of the expanding community, Young said.
Awards will be given to: the top three male and female finishers; overall male and female finishers in the runs; and top three in each age category.
Age divisions are the same for men and women in the two-mile run and 5K run: 12 and younger; 13 to 8 years; 19 to 25 years; 26 to 35 years; 36 to 45 years; and 46 to 55 years and older.
Recommended Stories For You
Each two-legged participant gets a race shirt. All dogs must be on a leash and under control on the dirt trail.
Post-race activities include food, refreshments and entertainment at the park.
Call Young at 841-1911.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature