Rerun with two corrections bolded. Not our fault.
May 14, 2002
Goldwyn Butte Smith, a 12-year resident of Carson City, died May 9, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was 73.
Mr. Smith was born Sept. 13, 1928, in La Verne, Calif., to Don Carlos and Sylvia Myrtle Ware Smith.
He moved to Carson City from Upland, Calif. He retired from the City of Pomona, Calif., parks department.
Mr. Smith served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a Christian.
He was preceded in death by his wife Marjorie Smith on June 16, 2001, his parents and three sisters.
He is survived by his son and daughter-in-law Michael and Betti Smith and daughter and son-in-law Sheila and Clay Mills of Carson City; daughter and son-in-law Tamara and Eric Bowen of Indian Hills, seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
A private service will be at a later date.
Capitol City Cremation and Burial Society in Carson City was in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand