Reward offered in memorial vandalism
March 15, 2002
Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of whomever is responsible for destruction to a memorial for a murdered South Lake Tahoe girl.
A memorial for Krystal Steadman, who was raped and murdered March 19, 2000, has been vandalized on at least three occasions, the most recent being Monday.
In the latest episode, all the wood was stripped from its 5-foot concrete-encased cross and the mementos left at the site in Krystal’s name were thrown down the hillside or destroyed.
The Carson City Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect or suspects. Anyone having information or who may have seen something suspicious late Sunday or early Monday morning at the site on Spooner Summit three miles west of Carson City is asked to call the Carson City Sheriff’s Department at 887-2020 ext. 1405 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.
All calls to Secret Witness remain anonymous. Rewards are paid for information on all crimes.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy