Carson City road construction report for the week of June 26.
• Work will be starting Monday on the southeast sewer extension project. It will affect traffic and residents of Valley View Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Clearview Drive, Clearview Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, and Conte Drive from Bennett Avenue to Hudson Drive. Traffic controls will be in effect for the duration. The target completion date is Sept. 6.
• Work will be starting Monday on the Timberline and Combs Canyon storm water drainage project. It will have a limited effect on Combs Canyon Road between Ormsby Boulevard, and Murphy Drive and on Murphy Drive at Van Patten Avenue intersection. Traffic controls will be in effect when work is occurring in these two areas. The target completion date is Dec. 15.
• The 2006 slurry seal project is now under way in the central and southern parts of the city. Residences and businesses on the streets to be slurry sealed will be given a minimum of 48 hours advance notice of the work. Streets will normally only be affected for about a four-hour period on the day the slurry seal is placed. The target completion date is Aug. 5.
• Freeway Construction continues.
• Roop Street/Hot Springs will continue through August.