Construction on Carson City streets for the week beginning Aug. 7:
• Work continues on the southeast sewer extension, phase 7 which will affect Valley View Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Clearview Drive, Clearview Drive, from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, and Conte Drive from Bennett Avenue to Hudson Drive. Traffic controls will be in effect for the duration of the work, which is expected to end Sept. 6.
• Work continues on the Timberline and Combs Canyon storm water drainage project which will have a limited affect on Combs Canyon Road between Ormsby Boulevard and Murphy Drive, and on Murphy Drive at its intersection with Van Patten Avenue. Traffic controls will be in effect during work. The project should be finished by Dec. 15.
• Due to the construction of the new Sheriff’s Administration Building, Harbin Avenue is closed to traffic between Musser and Second streets. This closure will remain in effect for the duration of the construction, which is estimated to be completed in September 2007.
• Roop Street/Hot Springs construction will continue through August.
• Freeway Construction continues until further notice.