Construction on Carson City streets for the week beginning Sept. 10:
• Due to the construction of the new Sheriff’s Administration Building, Harbin Avenue is closed to traffic between Musser and Second streets. This closure will remain in effect for the duration of the construction which is estimated to be completed this month.
• Work is under way on utility relocations along East Fifth Street between Saliman Road and Butti Way for the freeway. Overall work in this area will continue through December. Be alert for traffic controls and flaggers.
• Reconstruction of Saliman Road between East Fifth Street and Fairview Drive has begun. Traffic will be maintained through the construction area so be alert for lane changes and flaggers. Work will be completed in early October.
• Gas pipeline work will be performed on the east and west sides of Fairview Drive from Fifth Street to Butti Way. All work will be out of the roadway.
• Pipeline work will be performed in the area of the roundabout at Fifth Street and Fairview Drive. Please be alert for traffic control devices and flaggers.