• Rummage sale at the Dayton Senior Center, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Includes clothes, dishes, jewelry, Christmas items and more. Donations accepted; call 246-6210.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association Formation Riding Clinic, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach (former Camel Ranch on Highway 50). Class fee, $15. Call 629-0361.
• The Churchill Arts Council will present a performance by the Lynne Arriale Trio in the Barkley Theatre at Oats Park Art Center, Fallon, 8 p.m. Doors open at 7; no-host bar. Tickets $17 for CAC members, $20 for nonmembers.
• Saddle Horse Adoption, 10 a.m. at Warm Springs Correctional Center. Gates open at 9 a.m. Adoption policy information at http://www.wildhorseandburro.gov or call 881-2288.
• Series of free workshops called “Parents Who Care” for parents and caregivers of teens and preteens ages 12-16, Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Intermediate School. For information or to register, call Michele Watkins at 246-0320.
• Nevada Division of State Parks allows free entrance to all Nevada State Parks to all veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Call 687-4379.
Nov. 12-13, 19-20
• Misfits Theatre Group of Dayton presents “The Unspeakables, or Tea Time in Dayton,” a Roaring ’20s melodrama. At Mia’s Swiss Restaurant in Dayton, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $8. Purchase at Mia’s and Connie’s Copy Place in Dayton or call 246-9622.
• Kiwanis Club of Dayton Township’s annual All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Feed, 5-8 p.m. at Dayton Elementary School, includes silent auction and raffle. Cost $6 adults, $3 children 4-10; tickets available at the door. Call 629-0301.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Do-Mor for Dayton community organization’s third annual wine-tasting night, Great Winter Wonderland Wine Tasting, at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Community Center. Tickets are $20. Purchase tickets at Mia’s Swiss Restaurant, Connie’s Copy Center, Old Fogy’s Club or the Chamber of Commerce, or call 246-8080. Businesses can purchase a table.
• Friends of the Dayton Library 17th Annual Christmas Faire, Crafts, Gifts and Book Sale at Dayton High School 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Includes 57 craft booths, raffle and silent auction, home-baked goods, hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, sausages and other snacks. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will listen to wish lists, read to children at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and give out candy canes and books. Children’s crafts at 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday and 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Call 246-3910.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, 89702.