• Healthy Communities Coalition coat, hat and gloves drive at Dayton Community Center, 170 Pike St., from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations will be distributed to needy of all ages. Call 246-7550.
• Santa Day at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Crafts, cookie decorating for children from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Polaroid photos with Santa for $2. Activities free with paid admission. Call 884-2226.
• “Pines Are Fine” children’s pine-needle project workshop, 1-2:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. For kids in grades 4-5; $5 supply fee. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• “Angels Talk Back” class, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Johnson Lane area, by author Kaye Wolf. A step-by-step guide to receive angel information. Class is $69 and includes buffet lunch, refreshments and autographed book; second person $50 (no book). Seating limited, call 267-1105 or (888) 546-6478.
• Storey County Senior Center Christmas Fair, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, corner of Mill and E streets, Virginia City. Includes Christmas goodies, collectibles and baked goods. Call 847-0957.
• Christmas Pottery, Art and Crafts Exhibition, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral Artisans Store, Dayton Valley Road. Features John Manley, Leigh Lunt, Dale Mauer and Gail Gola. Call 849-0408 or 246-5296.
dec. 7 &14
• Series of free workshops called “Parents Who Care” for parents and caregivers of teens and preteens ages 12-16, 6 p.m. at Dayton Intermediate School. For information or to register, call Michele Watkins at 246-0320.
• Annual Share Your Holiday Food Drive, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion, 600 N. Carson St. Volunteers needed; call Traci at 883-7654.
• 17th annual Santa Train offers free rides from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., plus open house of the museum. Call 687-6953.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center off Fort Churchill Road. Visit http://www.lyoncountydems.org or call 246-0878.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Dayton Chevron/Port of Subs Toys for Tots drive, noon-4 p.m., 35 Dayton Valley Road (at Highway 50). Santa will escort the Blue Angels Motorcycle Club and the U.S. Marine Corps to collect toys, plus Dock Dog and United Blood Services. Gabriel Angel will collect pet toys and food for the Lyon County Animal Shelter. Gift giveaways and prizes available. Call 246-9991.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. in Dayton, Fernley, Silver Springs and Yerington. Go to http://www.lyoncountydems.org or call 577-2505.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, 89702.