School vandals arrested
July 17, 2002
Two teenagers were arrested Tuesday for a July 8 burglary at Fritsch Elementary School.
The boys, ages 13 and 14, will be charged with burglary.
“I’m delighted that they have been caught,” said Mary Pierczynski, superintendent of the Carson City School District. “When young people get by with these things, they do it again. This sends a good message to kids — they won’t get away with it.”
Scott Burau, spokesman for the sheriff’s department, said most of the stolen items including stereo speakers were recovered.
He said the suspects have been cooperative and no information has been found to link them to other vandalism reported at Fritsch Elementary or other schools throughout the district.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed