Services: May Ruth French
April 6, 2002
There will be a gathering noon Sunday for May Ruth French, 78, a Carson City resident for 15 years, at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith, 833 N. Edmonds Drive.
Mrs. French, also known as the Button Lady, died March 9, 2002 in Carson City.
Born Jan. 31, 1924 in San Diego, Calif., to George Kerfoot and Della Lyon, she possessed one of the West’s largest button collections and was a world traveler.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit