October 8, 2002
— A 24-year-old housewife from Carson City was arrested at midnight Sunday for suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Her bail was set at $3,105.
— Salvador Hernandez, 28, a construction worker from Carson City, was arrested at 1:41 a.m. Monday in the 1500 block of Rand Avenue for suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, trafficking methamphetamine and the following misdemeanors: no car insurance, no registration and possession of paraphernalia. His bail was set at $40,000. Also arrested was Omar Garcia-Mayorquin, 22, a shoe-repair employee, for suspicion of felony trafficking, His bail was set at $20,000. According to police reports, the men were pulled over after an officer spotted a taillight out. A drug dog discovered 9 grams of methamphetamine.
— Christopher Huckeba, 19, unemployed of Carson City, was arrested at 2:58 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Glacier Way for suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon. Also arrested was Jason Eugene Hood, 19, also unemployed from Carson City, for suspicion of accessory to assault with a deadly weapon. Both men are accused of pulling a shotgun on a pedestrian. No one was hurt. Each man is being held on $20,000 bail.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature