December 26, 2002
The following men and woman were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
— A 32-year-old contractor from Carson City was arrested at 6 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on misdemeanor suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,105.
— Matthew Vincent Chechourka, 28, an unemployed transient, was arrested at 9:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of North Carson Street on felony suspicion of failure to register by a sex offender and misdemeanor suspicion of disorderly conduct and failure to register as a felon. Bail was set at $5,420.
— Michael Scott Southern, 34, an unemployed Carson City man, was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 4200 block of Mulligan Street on felony suspicion of obtaining money on false pretenses and using a forged instrument. Bail was set at $27,500.
— A 46-year-old sheet metal worker from Carson City was arrested at 5:25 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North Carson Street on misdemeanor suspicion of defrauding an innkeeper. Bail was set at $320.
— Tyra Dawn Hicks, 30, a Silver Springs woman of unknown employment, was arrested at 10:52 a.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of North Carson Street on felony possession of a forged instrument, obtaining money with false pretenses, and misdemeanor suspicion of stolen property. Bail was set at $36,105.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’