The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Angel Perez, 19, a fast-food clerk from Carson City, was arrested at 1:58 a.m. Thursday at Dan and Roop streets on suspicion of felony possession of a short-barrel shotgun and gross misdemeanor changing or altering a serial number. Bail was set at $8,000.
• A 24-year-old laborer from Carson City was arrested at 8:26 a.m. Thursday in the 3400 block of Roop Street on suspicion of misdemeanor probation violation. No bail was set.
— Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A caller reported Wednesday at 6:22 p.m. her 17-year-old sister left home Tuesday and has not returned. A report was taken.
• A mother reported Wednesday at 7:20 p.m. her son was assaulted by a known male.
• A teenager was arrested Wednesday at 9:49 p.m. at Smith’s grocery store for allegedly trying to steal cases of beer. Two friends escaped.
• Sometime Wednesday night someone attempted to break into a cash register in a business in the 3200 block of Highway 50 East and stole a dvd player.