August 27, 2004
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Gloria McKay, 27, a transient, was arrested at 10:50 p.m. Tuesday at Bath and Curry streets on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, uttering a forged instrument, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and two counts of contempt of court. Also arrested were Denise Sands, 27, a transient, on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, gross misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia, possession of methamphetamine and felony trafficking, and Richie Harker, 24, unemployed from Carson City, on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property. The three were allegedly found inside a stolen vehicle. During a strip search at the Carson City Jail, 13.5 grams of methamphetamine was allegedly found on Sands’ body.
• Michael Scott Viegas, 32, a construction worker from Carson City, was arrested at 10:14 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Rand Street on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, two counts of misdemeanor violation of a restraining order and possession of a hypodermic device. Bail was set at $4,896.
• Omar Segura-Hernandez, 21, of Carson City, was arrested at 8 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on two warrants for suspicion of felony robbery with a deadly weapon and auto burglary. Bail was set at $300,000.
-Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A man reported another man yelled at him about a bill payment, then choked him Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
• A man was seen stealing tools from a truck in the 4000 block of Century Circle on Friday at 7:37 a.m. Police were unable to locate suspect.
• An 11-year-old girl called police from a neighbor’s house to say her mother and father were arguing and “dad shoved mom.” The father left the home.
• Three men and two women were spotted urinating on trees in Mills Park on Thursday at 9:46 a.m. One person was arrested for having an open container of alcohol and being intoxicated; three others were cited.